Hello babs! Recently I was kindly gifted 2 highend mascaras for my birthday and thought why not do a battle off between them to see which one is my favourite… so that’s what I’m going to do in this post. They are the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara and the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. If you’re someone who likes to try out new mascaras then you may want to read and see if these are worth purchasing…
Both of these mascaras come in a similar style cardboard box. The Benefit one comes in a plastic bottle whereas the Too Faced one feels like a metal bottle. Benefit Roller Lash has a black bottle with the name of the brand and product in pink lettering on it and it has a pink screw shut lid. Too Faced Better Than Sex is all pink with 3D lettering of the name of the product and the brand. It also has a screw shut lid just like Benefit Roller Lash.
Benefit: Roller Lash Mascara –
This mascara has 0.3 fluid oz of product in it.
1. The wand is curved so it’s great to get right into the root of the lashes
2. It is easier to coat the bottom lashes as the wand is thinner than the Too Faced one
3. It has more product in it than the Too Faced one
4. It lengthens the lashes
5. Once it has dried down it doesn’t move/budge
1. It doesn’t really give much volume to the lashes
2. It slightly transfers just after applied to the lashes
3. Can give a clumpy effect if applied a lot (not a con for me but for some people it can be)
4. Packaging is slightly bulkier so will take up a little more room in makeup storage/bag
Too Faced: Better Than Sex Mascara –
1. The wand is quite fat and curved so great for volumising
2. It lengthens the lashes
3. It volumises the lashes WAY more than the Benefit one
4. Once it has dried down it doesn’t move/budge
5. Packaging is slightly thinner so will take up slightly less room in makeup storage/bag
1. It is a lot harder to do the bottom lashes due to how big the wand is compared to the Benefit one
2. It has less product in it than the Benefit one
3. It slightly transfers just after applied to the lashes
4. Can give a clumpy effect if applied a lot (not a con for me but for some people it can be)
Left eye: Benefit Roller Lash Mascara | Right eye: Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
This one is such a toughie for me because I am loving both the mascaras as much as each other… The winner that just slightly tops the other would have to be the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara only because of how the end result looks on my lashes. Like don’t get me wrong I’m not disappointed with how the Benefit one looks on my lashes but I guess the Too Faced one looks just slightly more volumising. There are a lot more pros than cons for both these products and overall I do LOVE them both as much as the other but for the sake of the post I had to of course choose one winner! For the prices as well they are both really good mascaras so I cannot complain at all about either, I definitely recommend purchasing them as they aren’t really that expensive anyway… If you do like testing out mascaras then definitely check out the both as they are my faves at the moment!
Thanks for reading!
- If you’d like to check out a previous battle off then check out me putting 2 drugstore mascaras to the challenge here
See you in my next post…
– Jessica x