Hello babs! I have been wanting to do one of these posts for ages and then when Sophie @ PrettyLittleBlog mentioned about doing a collaboration I suggested this straight away!! (This will be my 4th blogger collaboration so far… how exciting!!!!)
As you can tell from the title we both decided to do an anti makeup haul and to start with we were going to do as many products as we could think of but then it was proving great difficult so we decided to do 5 each haha! If you’d like to see what is in Sophie’s anti makeup haul then be sure to check out her blog but if you’d like to see what’s in mine then keep on reading… 🙂
Disclaimer: These are just products that I am choosing not to buy to suit my personal preference and I am not slating any of the brands at all.
1. Huda Beauty: Desert Dusk Eyeshadow Palette (£56 on Cult Beauty) – This is an eyeshadow palette that just doesn’t scream “BUY” to me. I have also heard a lot of mixed reviews about this palette and for the price it’s not one that I am wanting to take the risk on. The shades in the palette are not ones that I would reach for that often so I don’t see the point in paying so much money for an eyeshadow palette I am not going to get much use out of.
2. Fenty Beauty: Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter in Trophy Wife (£26 on Harvey Nichols) – Don’t get me wrong I looooove my highlighters but when I immediately saw this I was just like “hell no that would not suit me at all”. I do like my gold highlighters but this is waaaaay too gold to suit my skin tone.
3. Fasárli: Unicorn Essence (£50 on Cult Beauty) – This product just seems a bit gimmicky to me (I can’t put my finger on why… maybe its because of the name) and I have heard a lot of mixed reviews about it. I think this a very pricey product which is also one of the reasons why I am not going to buy it.
4. Sleek: Solstice Highlighter Palette (£9.99 on Superdrug) – (This may be a shock to some people I know I know!!) But anyway, I’m going to be 100% honest on this one… I did want this for the longest time but never got round to buying it. I think the reason why I wanted it was to jump on the bandwagon of the hype from everyone else but actually the more I look at it the more I realise that I wouldn’t get any use of it. The shades are just not the shades that I go for in a highlight as they don’t really suit my skin tone.
5. Gigi Hadid X Maybelline Collection – (I know this is technically not one product but I thought I’d include the collection as a whole because I won’t be purchasing any from it) From looking at the whole collection I just don’t think its really worth it for the money. The palettes have pans that are way too small which I think is a bummer for the price you pay when Maybelline do better palettes for less money. And just looking at the collection as a whole I was not blown away by it so why pay the money for products that I’m not sold on…
This post actually took me so long to think of products for because I am one of them that likes the look of the majority of makeup products so when I actually had to come up with things I didn’t want to buy it was hard. I did have a lot of fun doing this though and I’ll be sure to do more in the future now!! I’m so glad Sophie agreed to do this collab with me and if you haven’t already then be sure to check out the anti makeup haul on her blog 😀 Thanks for reading!
See you in my next post…
– Jessica x