Hello babs! I’m coming at you with a drugstore anti makeup haul today and this was quite a difficult one because there is not a lot from the drugstore that I don’t want haha so keep on reading to see the products that I don’t want…
Disclaimer: These are just products that I am choosing not to buy to suit my personal preference and I am not slating any of the brands at all so please don’t be offended.
1. Morphe: 35O2 Second Nature Eyeshadow Palette (£23 on Morphe) – Now this one has had me going back on my decision so many times but I have finally come to the conclusion that I will not be getting this palette… even though I am a lover of warm tones this palette is just too warm for me (if thats even possible) and a lot of the shades look so similar and not very unique.
2. NYX: High Definition Finishing Powder (£9 on NYX) – This product has gotten so many bad reviews about it giving flashback and that is one thing that I do not want in a product… anything which will leave a white cast/flashback is a no from me.
3. I Heart Makeup: Unicorn Heart Rainbow Highlighter (£4.99 on Superdrug) – If you didn’t already know I am lover of highlighter but the rainbow highlighter is just not one I can get on the hype with. I personally don’t think I would ever be able to get it to work for me and even if I did I think it would look way too icy for my skin tone.
4. L’Oreal: Color Riche Gold Obsession Lipstick in Pure Gold (£6.99 on Superdrug) – I would honestly never wear this purely for the fact its gold and I couldn’t pull it off even if I tried and besides… you will hardly ever see me buy a lipstick that isn’t a nude or a red.
5. Colourpop: My Little Pony Collection – The whole collection just looks too gimmicky in my opinion even for those who buy it just to collect. I have never even watched My Little Pony and the colours in this collection just look way too out of my comfort zone.
6. Makeup Revolution: Rainbow Highlighter (£4 on Superdrug) – Again this is for the same reason as the Unicorn highlighter I just mentioned… I don’t understand the reason for a rainbow highlighter. Personally it’s not something I can get on board with or pull off.
7. E.L.F: High Def Undereye Setting Powder (£4.50 on Superdrug) – Just looking at this product annoys me and gives me anxiety… like why is it so small?! I just feel like I would get this everywhere and the brush is far too small to pick up hardly any product so it would take forever to set underneath your eyes. Maybe I’d try it if it was in bigger packaging but for now its a no.
8. Rimmel London: Volume Shake Mascara (£8.99 on Superdrug) – Ever since I watched Sophdoesnails review on this I knew I wasn’t going to get it. It looked like it did nothing for her lashes and when I felt the bottle in person it was just way too heavy so I wouldn’t want to reach for it (maybe because I’m lazy oops).
That concludes this anti makeup haul guys, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it. Let me know your thoughts/opinions on any of these products if you’ve tried them out or even if you haven’t… I’d love to know 😀
See you in my next post…
– Jessica x