Hello babs! Todays post is going to be about all the high end products that I actually don’t want to buy and this was so much fun to do because it made me realise just how many high end things I don’t want (because I’m all about drugstore makeup).
Disclaimer: These are just products that I am choosing not to buy to suit my personal preference and I am not slating any of the brands at all so please don’t be offended.
1. Fenty Beauty: Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longer Foundation (£26 on Harvey Nichols) – This foundation does look like it gives good coverage and a nice finish but the only reason I don’t want it is because I have read from a lot of people that this is not good for those with really dry skin… Usually I’m okay with a matte foundation because I do use a moisturising primer beforehand but even then I don’t think this would work and for the price I don’t know if I want to risk it.
2. Anastasia Beverly Hills: Subculture Palette (£43 on Anastasia Beverly Hills) – There has been waaaay too much controversy over this palette for me even to consider spending my money on it to find out just how it works. I have seen so many bad reviews and to be honest even if the reviews weren’t bad I wouldn’t buy it because the colours in it just don’t scream out to me as shades that I like.
3. Huda Beauty: Winter Solstice Highlighter Palette (£40 on Cult Beauty) – Not much to say on this apart from the fact that the shades in this palette just wouldn’t suit my skin tone at all.
4. Kat Von D: Saint + Sinner Eyeshadow Palette (£52 on Debenhams) – The packaging for this palette is just far too bulky and the shades in it aren’t even that great in my opinion. I couldn’t even bring myself to spending the amount of money on this palette either… I think it’s just a tad overpriced.
5. Jouer: Jeffree Star Long Wear Lip Topper (£13.50 on Beauty Bay) – To be honest this is actually a decent price for a lip gloss and I would pay it but this colour just isn’t me at all. It’s far too pink and looks very glittery.
6. Anastasia Beverly Hills: Aurora Glow Kit (£41 on Cult Beauty) – Although I love my highlight this again is a palette with shades that just won’t suit my skin tone.
7. Laura Lee Los Angeles: Cats Pajamas Eyeshadow Palette (£35 on Beauty Bay) – This whole palette just doesn’t make sense… the glittery outer packaging with a mirror thats mainly been covered up by floral packaging…? I also think this is a tad overpriced when you can get another eyeshadow palette with more shades in for less… the colours don’t scream out to me either.
8. KKW Beauty: Powder Contour & Highlight Kit ($52 on KKW Beauty) – The reason I would never buy this product is because the contour shades don’t look like they would suit my skin tone. I will admit that the highlighters look stunning but I wouldn’t pay the price and shipping for it just for those.
9. Kat Von D: Shade + Light Eyeshadow Palette (£37 on Debenhams) – This palette looks sooo boring to me like yes I do like my neutrals shades but I just don’t see the point in me owning this especially for the price and the fact that theres not much colour selection to pick from.
10. Huda Beauty: Summer Solstice Highlighter Palette (£40 on Cult Beauty) – Like I said about their other solstice palette… the shades just wouldn’t suit my skin tone at all.
Thanks for reading this anti makeup haul, I hope you enjoyed it! Let me know your thoughts about any of these products whether you’ve tried them out or not because I’d love to know 😀
See you in my next post…
– Jessica x