Hello babs! I have been so excited to do this post ever since Zeny @ vivalazeny and I agreed to do a collaboration. We came up with the idea to do a Valentines Day inspired makeup look to help give a couple of ideas for those who need some inspiration on what makeup they want to do for the day or night… Also we both had to make sure we used the same eyeshadow palette and highlighter, we decided to both use the Makeup Revolution New Trals vs Neutrals eyeshadow palette and the Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter in Peach Lights!
If you want to see what look Zeny came up with then be sure to check out her part of the collaboration ❤
I decided to go for a pink toned cut-crease, glowy skin and a pinky nude lip.
Side note: The products with a * next to them are the ones that both me and Zeny had to use.
– Priming Spray: Urban Decay – Quick Fix
– Primer: Miss Sporty – Insta Glow
– Colour Corrector: Freedom – Pro Correct Palette
– Foundation: Urban Decay – All Nighter in 2.0
– Concealer: Makeup Revolution – Conceal & Define in C1
– Face Powder: Rimmel London – Stay Matte in Sandstorm
– Bronzer: Primark – Chocolate Cheek Palette in Milk Chocolate
– Contour: NYX – Highlight & Contour Palette
– Blusher: Primark Chocolate Cheek Palette in Chocolate Orange
– Highlighter: Makeup Revolution – Vivid Baked Highlighter in Peach Lights*
– Setting Spray: MAC – Fix +
– Eyelure: Brow Pomade in Mid Brown
– Pixi by Petra: Brow Tamer in Translucent
– Mascara: Too Faced – Better Than Sex in Black
– Eyeliner: Marc Jacobs – Highligher Matte Gel Eye Crayon in (Pop)ular and Pink of Me
– Eyeshadow: Makeup Revolution – New Trals vs Neutrals Palette*
1. I set the concealer on my lid with my Stay Matte face powder so that the other shades could blend easily over the lid.
2. I then used the shade Trend as my transition shade and blended it in the crease and just above. (I have to blend slightly higher than my crease as I have hooded eyes)
3. To make sure that shade was blended out nicely I used the shade Neutral and buffed it over the edges.
4. To make the look more pink I blended the shade Tone into the crease just below where I put the shade Trend. Again I then took the shade Trend and blended the 2 colours together for a seemless blend.
5. As I wanted this to be a cut-crease I then used my Makeup Revolution concealer to cut the lid. I had to go slightly higher than my crease with the concealer otherwise you wouldn’t be able to tell it is a cut-crease. If you don’t have hooded eyes then just follow your natural lid crease.
6. I then set the concealer with my Stay Matte powder.
7. In the inner quarter of my lid I took the shade Bias and packed it on.
8. In the centre of my lid I took the shade Personal and packed it on. (With this shade I had to use a little setting spray on my brush)
9. On the outer quarter of my lid I took the shade Vogue and packed on.
10. Then went over my lash line and followed the edge of my cut crease with the Marc Jacobs eyeliner in (Pop)ular.
11. I buffed out the shade Neutral on my lower lid and then highlighter my inner corner and brow bone with the Makeup Revolution highlighter.
12. I added the Marc Jacobs eyeliner in Pink of Me to my waterline to make my eyes appear wider.
– MAC: Lip Pencil in Whirl
– Revlon: Ultra HD Matte Lipcolour in Seduction
I really hope you enjoyed this little makeup look I came up with inspired by Valentines Day… it’s not the best but I thought I would try out something different and step out of my comfort zone a little! I really enjoyed creating this look and hopefully it gives you some inspiration for what makeup you want to do for Valentines Day 😀
Thanks for reading!
See you in my next post…
– Jessica x
Zenys facebook: Zenith Del Rosario
Zenys Instagram: vivalazeny