Hello babs! I’m still a little in shock writing this blog post but I thought I’d share with you all something very exciting that happened for me and my blog… Although we thought we weren’t going to make it due to 3 cancelled trains… me and my little blog got personally invited to our first blogger event which was the Revolution Halloween Party in London (like what the hell, me going to an event???) This honestly seems so surreal because I’ve seen lots of bloggers going to brand events in the past and I just never thought in my wildest dreams it would ever happen to me… I’m honestly so grateful and still a little baffled haha. *Be prepared for lots of pictures, especially the one right after this sentence haha.
Anyway, lets get into the post…
My friend Adam was kind enough to come along with me as my plus one even though it was probably out of his comfort zone. He was a good sport though and got very involved! 🙂
The event was held at the National History Museum in London which honestly was such a stunning venue and the theme of the event was Alice in Wonderland which I loved because it’s such a good classic Disney film. I honestly had no idea what to expect and when I walked in I was in complete shock… they did such a great job with the venue!! They also had people dressed up as characters which just added to the feel of it, there was also people on stilts dressed as flamingoes which was so cool! On either side of the room they had little makeup stands where their makeup artists would help put on either glam makeup or halloween themed makeup. In the centre of the room there was a bar where you could get drinks but there were also people walking round with trays of drinks and small bites of food.
The drinks they provided were so good because they made them themed around Alice in Wonderland. My favourite drink of the night was the Clover Club which was a gin based cocktail (very yummy and quite strong haha). They also put the drinks in cute little glasses and jars which really added the look and feel of it.
After everyone had settled in, Adam Minto (the creator of Revolution) gave a little speech and then introduced the act for the night which was Tokio Myers. Tokio Myers was really interesting to watch and listen to because it was solely music with no lyrics. It was nice to have an act as it broke up the dance music that was playing.
After a lot of dancing I went over to where we could take photos by a backdrop and just before my turn I spotted MakeupbyTammi so I plucked up the courage and asked for a photo… she was honestly so lovely!!! (had a bit of a fan girl moment ngl)
We had to leave an hour or so early because of the train home back to Birmingham which made me a little sad but we had the best time ever!!!!! On the way out I was given a goody bag which I am incredibly grateful for and still bit like what the hell… me given a goody bag?!
GOODY BAG TIMEEEEEEEE
1. I Heart Revolution Rainbow Paste: Deep Sea Green – I am so so excited to try this out… I’ve always wanted to try a crazy colour on my hair so at least if this doesn’t suit them then I can wash it out with one shampoo no problem!
2. Revolution Jelly Highlighter: Prestigious – I’ve never had or tried out a jelly highlighter before so I’m very intrigued as to how this works. The shade also looks really nice!
3. Revolution The Mascara – I literally nearly screamed when I pulled this out the bag! I’ve been wanting to do a review on this so bad but my bank balance hasn’t been the best lately so haven’t been able to purchase… (It must be a sign because now I have one!!!) EEEK
4. Obsession Love. Every. Shade Eyeshadow Palette – I have never owned or tried anything out from Obsession before (I have been meaning to though) but I’m very excited to try this palette because the shade range looks right up my street!
5. Revolution Pro Regeneration Palette: Astrological – This palette does look beautiful with all the baked eyeshadows in it. I’m just a little weary theres not many matte shades compared to shimmers but I’ll still give it a try!
I’m so pleased with this goody bag and I love how they’ve given us at least 1 product from each of their brands!!!
I can’t stress enough how thankful I am to Revolution for an opportunity like this, it honestly feels like a dream come true!
Thanks for reading!
See you in my next post…
– Jessica x