Hello babs! So I’ve been reading a lot of posts talking about the outfits worn at the Golden Globe Awards for 2019 and I thought that because I’m a makeup blog, why don’t I do a post sharing my opinions on some of the makeup choices…
DISCLAIMER: I am in no way bashing or being negative out of spite.. I am just giving my opinions on what I like and think works well in a makeup look. I am in no way a makeup artist either so I don’t know the ins and outs of makeup… everyone has their opinions so although you may not agree with me, it’s just a little fun so please don’t feel offended 🙂
1. LADY GAGA – I think her skin looks flawless and I love the bronzed vibe she’s going for with skin. She’s gone for a dramatic smokey eye which is not too in your face, it looks like she has lilac tones going on to compliment her dress and hair colour. I like how she’s gone for soft lilac shades instead of blues as I think blues would make it quite in your face. She has paired the eye look with a lovely nude glossy lip which I think goes quite lovely.
MARC JACOBS EYE-CONIC LONGWEAR EYESHADOW PALETTE in ‘FRIVOLUXE‘, MARC JACOBS SEE-QUINS GLAM GLITTER in ‘FLASHLIGHT‘, MARC JACOBS HIGHLINER GEL EYE CRAYON in ‘BLACQUER‘, MARC JACOBS HIGHLINER MATTE GEL EYE CRAYON in ‘OUT OF THE BLUE‘, MARC JACOBS VELVET NOIR MAJOR VOLUME MASCARA, MARC JACOBS NUDES SHEER GEL LIPSTICK in ‘MOODY MARGOT‘, MARC JACOBS ENAMOURED HI-SHINE LIP LACQUER in ‘SUGAR SUGAR’.
2. LILI REINHART – I really like the red smokey eye she has gone for but I think it makes her skin look slightly washed out… a little more bronzer would have balanced it out in my opinion. I think the eye look ties in very well with the colour of her dress also. Although they have kept the attention to her eyes with having quite fluffy brows, I personally think adding more definition to the brows would have taken the look further. She’s also gone for a nice ‘my lips but better’ nude glossy lip which compliments the eye look nicely.
PAT MCGRATH MOTHERSHIP V: BRONZE SEDUCTION PALETTE, PAT MCGRATH PERMAGEL ULTRA GLIDE EYE PENCIL in ‘BLK COFFEE‘.
3. EMMA STONE – I really like the natural eye look she has going on which is complimented nicely with a nude pink glossy lip. The theme of her make up ties in well with the colour of her dress and I like the little touch of blush she has going on. Her eyebrows are not too intense but add that little something to the eye look which is nice.
CLINIQUE DRAMATICALLY DIFFERENT HYDRATING JELLY, CLINIQUE ID DRAMATICALLY DIFFERENT MOISTURIZING LOTION+, SISLEY PHYTO-TEINT ELCAT FLUID FOUNDATION in ‘VANILLA‘, SISLEY PHYTO-BLUSH TWIST in ‘PETAL‘ and ‘PAPAYA‘, SISLEY PHYTO 4 OMBRES EYESHADOW QUARTET in ‘DREAM‘, SISLEY PHYTO-KOHL STAR in ‘SPARKLING BROWN‘, SISLEY SO CURL MASCARA in ‘DEEP BLACK‘, SISLEY PHTO-SOURCILS FIX THICKENING & SETTING GEL FOR EYEBROWS, SISLEY PHYTO-LEVRES PERFECT LIP PENCIL in ‘ROSE THE‘, SISLEY PHYTO-LIP TWIST MATTE TINTED BALM in ‘BALLET‘, SISLEY PHYTO-LIP DELIGHT SENSORIAL LIP OIL in ‘SWEET‘.
4. EMILY BLUNT – Her skin looks flawless and I love that she has just the right amount of contour and blush going on. The silvery grey smokey eye she has going on compliments the colour of her dress really well. The look isn’t too smokey but has just the right amount for you to notice her eyes straight away. The only thing that lets the look down is that her lips look a little bare.. I think she could have had a little more something applied to them.
DIOR CAPTURE YOUTH NEW SKIN EFFECT ENZYME SOLUTION AGE-DELAY RESURFACING WATER, DIOR CAPTURE YOUTH INTENSE RESCUE AGE-DELAY REVITALIZING OIL-SERUM, DIOR CAPTURE TOTALE DREAMSKIN ADVANCED, DIOR FOREVER 24H* WEAR HIGH PERFECTION SKIN-CARING MATTE FOUNDATION in ‘1N‘, DIOR DIORSKIN FOREVER UNDERCOVER CONCEALER in ‘IVORY‘, DIOR ROSY GLOW in ‘LOLLI’GLOW‘, DIO DIORSHOW MONO PROFESSIONAL EYE SHADOW in ‘MINIMALISM‘, DIOR DIORSHOW MAXIMIZER 3D TRIPLE VOLUME PLUMPING LASH PRIMER, DIOR DIORSHOW LASH EXTENSION EFFECT BUILDABLE VOLUME MASCARA in ‘PRO BLACK‘, DIOR DIORSHOW BOLD BROW INSTANT VOLUMIZING BROW MASCARA in ‘LIGHT‘, DIOR LIP SUGAR SCRUB SWEET EXFOLIATING BALM in ‘RASPBERRY‘.
5. HALLE BERRY – She has gorgeous glowy skin! Not much going on on the eyes, can just about see a little smokiness going on. I love the shade of her lips as it compliments her skin tone lovely but you can see where her lips have been overlined… that could do with a little cleaning up…
6. DAKOTA FANNING – I like the shade of red she has on her lips but I think it makes her look slightly washed out due to having such a cool toned dress colour on her fair skin. However I do like the statement that the lip makes on her, I just think it would have worked better with a bit more colour added to her complexion. Her eyebrows are on quite the fluffy side which aren’t my cup of tea but they do make a statement due to having barely any colour on her eyelids. I like how there is a touch of rosy blush on her cheeks which does compliment the red lips.
CHARLOTTE TILBURY K.I.S.S.I.N.G LIPSTICK in ‘LOVE BITE‘.
7. JULIA ROBERTS – Her skin looks flawless and I love how the peachy blush compliments her lip shade. Her eyebrows are nice and defined which adds a little something for her eyes as there isn’t much going on on the eyelids. Beautiful natural look!
LANCOME ABSOLUE REVITALIZING EYE SERUM, LANCOME ABSOLUE REVITALIZING & BRIGHTENING SOFT CREAM, LANCOME TEINT IDOLE ULTRA 24H LONG WEAR FOUNDATION, LANCOME MONOCHROMATIC EYESHADOW in ‘PETIT BISOU‘, LANCOME FIX IT FORGET IT SETTING SPRAY, LANCOME COLOR DESIGN SENSATIONAL EFFECTS EYESHADOW in ‘CAFE CREME‘, LANCOME COLOR DESIGN EYESHADOW PALETTE in ‘PETAL PUSHER’, LANCOME GRANDIOSE BENDABLE LIQUID EYELINER in ‘MATTE NOIR‘, LANCOME LE STYLO WATERPROOF LONG LASTING EYELINER in ‘CHOCOLAT‘, LANCOME BROW DEFINE PENCIL in ‘BROWN‘, LANCOME STARLIGHT SPARKLE L’ABSOLU ROUGE LIPSTICK in ‘PEUT-ETRE’, LANCOME L’ABSOLU GLOSS in ‘ESCAPADE‘.
8. AMBER HEARD – I feel like they added slightly too much blush onto her fair skin tone which now makes it look too in your face. The red lip is also a little too vampy in my opinion which doesn’t help with the blush situation. I like how her brows are defined but have a slight fluffiness to them. A little less blush and a softer lip shade would have been better…
L’OREAL ROUGE SIGNATURE MATTE LIQUID LIPSTICK in ‘I AM WORTH IT‘.
9. PENÉLOPE CRUZ – Lovely brown smokey eye which compliments her skin tone and is paired nicely with a nude semi-matte lip. Eyebrows are nicely defined which ties the look together and her skin has a nice slight bronze to it.
LANCOME ABSOLUE REVITALIZING & BRIGHTENING SOFT CREAM, LANCOME TEINT IDOLE ULTRA LIQUID 24H LONGWEAR FOUNDATION in ‘360 BISQUE N‘, LANCOME COLOR DESIGN EYESHADOW PALETTE in ‘SIENNA SULTRY‘, LANCOME LE CRAYON KOHL SMOKY EYELINER in ‘CAFE SERRE‘, LANCOME HYPNOSE DRAMA INSTANT FULL VOLUME MASCARA in ‘EXCESSIVE BLACK‘, LANCOME LE LIP LINER in ‘ROSE‘, LANCOME L’ABSOLU ROUGE HYDRATING SHAPING LIPCOLOR in ‘SI SEULEMENT‘.
10. ANNE HATHAWAY – Her skin looks flawless and I like how the shade of blush compliments her lip colour lovely. Eyebrows are nicely defined which adds that little something to her very natural eye look.
Well that concludes this blog post for today… I really hope you enjoyed it as I had lots of fun doing it! I’m thinking of doing more of these sorts of posts in the future for other award ceremonies so please do let me know your thoughts.
Thanks for reading!