Hello babs! Because I had so much fun doing my thoughts on the makeup for the Golden Globes… I decided today that I am going to be sharing my thoughts and opinions on some of the makeup looks from the Critics Choice Awards for 2019.
DISCLAIMER: I am in no way bashing or being negative out of spite.. I am just giving my opinions on what I like and think works well in a makeup look. I am in no way a makeup artist either so I don’t know the ins and outs of makeup… everyone has their opinions so although you may not agree with me, it’s just a little fun so please don’t feel offended 🙂
1. MANDY MOORE – I think her skin looks very healthy and has a natural glow to it. Her eyebrows are nice and defined also. I really love how her eyeshadow, blusher and lip shade all compliment each other with the pink vibe. Very pretty!
TOM FORD SHADOW EXTREME in ‘TFX3‘, CHARLOTTE TILBURY HOT LIPS LIPSTICK in ‘LIV IT UP‘ and ‘BOSWORTHS BEAUTY‘.
2. LADY GAGA – I think her eyebrow shape and definition of them in this look are bomb. She has lovely bronzed skin that looks very healthy. I like the subtle pink eyeshadow they have gone for but her lips look a little bare from where the lipstick has faded. Not a fan of the lashes as they look quite spidery in my opinion.
3. LUCY BOYNTON – I feel like she looks quite washed out, the blush does add a little life back into the skin but I personally would like to see more colour on her face. However, her skin does look flawless. The eyebrows are nice and defined but still have a slight fluffiness to them. Blush compliments the matte lip colour nicely and I like the natural brown eye look they have gone for.
4. EMILY BLUNT – Her skin looks healthy with a nice natural glow to it. The eyeshadow compliments the lip colour really well and I like the touch of blush she has on her cheeks. Not a huge fan of the eyelashes but that doesn’t bother me too much.
5. CHRISSY TEIGEN – Eyebrows are nice and defined but looks a little messy where you can see where they have been drawn in. The lip colour is nice for her skin tone, I think its a lovely shade on her. Her skin looks healthy but slightly plasticy on the apples of her cheeks. The contour/bronzer on her forehead looks good but is slightly overboard on the cheeks.
6. CHARLIZE THERON – I like her thin defined eyebrows and the brown eyeshadow really makes her green eyes pop! The eyeshadow as well compliments the blush and lip shade very nicely. Her skin looks very healthy and pretty flawless.
So that concludes this blog post for today, again I had a lot of fun doing it so I really hope you enjoyed it 🙂 I like doing something different for a change instead of just reviews all the time haha.
Thanks for reading!