Hello babs! I’ve been having such fun lately doing these sorts of posts that I’m constantly waiting for another award show to happen haha. Today I’m bringing you my thoughts and opinions on the makeup from the Screen Actors Guild Awards for 2019.
DISCLAIMER: I am in no way bashing or being negative out of spite.. I am just giving my opinions on what I like and think works well in a makeup look. I am in no way a makeup artist either so I don’t know the ins and outs of makeup… everyone has their opinions so although you may not agree with me, it’s just a little fun so please don’t feel offended 🙂
1. LUCY BOYNTON – I love the eye look she has gone for. The graphic liner is very different and makes for a nice statement. It also ties in nicely with her black outfit and black hair-piece. Her eyebrows have slight definition to them yet still a little fluffy which is good as they don’t take away from the eye look. The lip colour is nice just a little too pink for me.
CHANEL LE CRAYON YEUX PRECISION EYE DEFINER in ‘NOIR‘, VICTORIA’S SECRET MAJOR LASHES FULL VOLUME MASCARA, SISLEY PHYTO-SOURCILS FIX THICKENING & SETTING GEL FOR EYEBROWS, VICTORIA’S SECRET VELVET MATTE CREAM LIQUID LIP in ‘LOVE‘.
2. MARGOT ROBBIE – I think the blush is a little too pink for her skin tone and it makes her skin look slightly washed out, I think a bit of bronzer would have helped. Eyebrows are lovely and defined. The simple neutral eye with a nude lip is a great combo! The slight gold on the lid also ties in nice with the gold on her dress.
3. EMMA STONE – Her glossy lips look a little too obviously ombre, could have done with a touch more blending. Her skin looks healthy and glowy but a tad washed out due to such a bold lip.
SISLEY PHYTO-LEVRES PERFECT LIP PENCIL in ‘BURGUNDY‘, SISLEY LE PHYTO-ROUGE LIPSTICK in ‘ORANGE SEVILLA‘.
4. EMILY BLUNT – The pink lip compliments the dress colour really nicely. Her eyebrows are quite noticeably uneven, I think they could have made them a lot better… Her skin however looks healthy, bronzed and glowy.
DIOR ROUGE DIOR REPLENISHING LIPCOLOR in ‘CLOSE UP‘.
5. MANDY MOORE – I think they have gone a little too heavy on the black eyeliner and the eyelashes are too spiky which is making the eye look just not work me personally. Her eyebrows are nice and defined however which I like. Her skin looks healthy and glowy and the blush compliments the lip colour nicely.
6. SOPHIA BUSH – I really like the contrasted eye look where she has the neutral colours on the lid and a pop of colour on the waterline which has been extended out. Her eyebrows are defined but slightly fluffy which is nice as they don’t take away from the eye look.
7. LADY GAGA – I do not like this lip colour, I think it is too vampy which is making the whole look just not right. Her skin is lovely and bronzed however but the lip and the fact her eyebrows have too much of a pointed arch lets this down for her.
Well that concludes this blog post for today, again I had a lot of fun doing it so I really hope you enjoyed it too 🙂
Thanks for reading!