Hello babs! I apologise if these posts aren’t your thing but I’m going to be bringing you another post sharing my thoughts and opinions on some of the makeup looks the celebrities wore to the Oscars for 2019.
DISCLAIMER: I am in no way bashing or being negative out of spite.. I am just giving my opinions on what I like and think works well in a makeup look. I am in no way a makeup artist either so I don’t know the ins and outs of makeup… everyone has their opinions so although you may not agree with me, it’s just a little fun so please don’t feel offended 🙂
1. EMILIA CLARKE – I think her skin does look healthy but the blush is a little too pink for my liking and for her skin tone. However the blush colour does compliment the lip colour nicely. Her lips do look a little faded towards the centre. The eyebrows are nice and defined but a tad messy.
DOLCE & GABBANA MILLENNIAL SKIN TINTED MOISTURISER in ‘CREAM LIGHT 2‘, DOLCE & GABBANA MILLENNIAL SKIN LONGWEAR CONCEALER in ‘LIGHT‘, DOLCE & GABBANA THE BLUSH in ‘ROSEBUD 33‘, DOLCE & GABBANA EMOTIONEYES LONG LASTING EYELINER STYLO in ‘NERO 1‘, DOLCE & GABBANA PASSIONEYES CURL & VOLUME MASCARA, DOLCE & GABBANA DOLCISSIMO MATTE LIQUID LIP COLOUR in ‘PINK 5‘.
2. LADY GAGA – I really like the shape of her brows and the amount of definition she has to them. Her skin looks healthy, glowy and bronzed but her under eyes look a little too light. The colour of her blush compliments her lip colour really nicely. I also like the silvery/blue liner near the lash line as it adds a little something to the eyes.
MARC JACOBS UNDER(COVER) PERFECTING COCONUT FACE PRIMER, MARC JACOBS EYE-CONIC LONGWEAR EYESHADOW PALETTE in ‘STEEL(ETTO) 820‘, MARC JACOBS FINELINER ULTRA SKINNY GEL EYE CRAYON in ‘STEEL(ETTO) 34‘, MARC JACOBS LE MARC LIP CREME LIPSTICK in ‘SLOW BURN 246‘.
3. EMMA STONE – Her skin looks healthy and glowy but very washed out, there is slight hint of blush on the cheeks which I would have liked a little more of or a touch of bronzer to the skin. I think her brows look a little ashy and slightly messy. The brown smokey eye is nice as it makes her green eyes pop and the nude glossy lip is lovely.
SISLEY PHYTO-BLANC CUSHION FOUNDATION, SISLEY PHYTO-BLUSH ECLAT BLUSH DUO, SISLEY INSTANT ECLAT GLOW PRIMER, SISLEY PHYTO-EYE TWIST ALL IN ONE EYESHADOW, PENCIL & EYELINER in ‘TOPAZE‘, SISLEY PHYTO-OMBRE GLOW in ‘AMBER‘, SISLEY PHYTO-KOHL STAR in ‘3 SPARKLING BROWN‘.
4. AMY ADAMS – Her skin has a nice healthy glow to it with a nice touch of blush to her cheeks. I overall really like the vibe of this makeup as its simple yet classy and everything works well together.
CHARLOTTE TILBURY CHARLOTTES MAGIC CREAM, CHARLOTTE TILBURY WONDERGLOW FACE PRIMER, CHARLOTTE TILBURY HOLLYWOOD FLAWLESS FILTER, CHARLOTTE TILBURY LUXURY EYESHADOW PALETTE in ‘THE DOLCE VITA‘, and ‘THE GOLDEN GODDESS‘, CHARLOTTE TILBURY MATTE REVOLUTION LIPSTICK in ‘PILLOW TALK‘, CHARLOTTE TILBURY LIP LUSTRE LIP GLOSS in ‘HIGH SOCIETY‘.
5. CHARLIZE THERON – Her skin looks healthy with a nice touch of bronzer/blush. Her eyebrows have nice definition to them. The lip colour is a little too bright I think for this look and is making her look slightly washed out. I like the natural eye look with a touch of mascara.
6. LUCY BOYTON – Her skin has a nice healthy glow to it, slightly washed out but nothing too major. I like how the eye look, the blush and the lip colour compliment one another lovely. Her eyebrows are a little too bushy in my opinion.
CHANTECAILLE MAGNOLIA, JASMINE & LILY HEALING EMULSION, CHANTECAILLE PURE ROSEWATER, CHANTECAILLE GOLD ENERGIZING EYE RECOVERY MASK, CHANTECAILLE FUTURE SKIN FOUNDATION in ‘PORCELAIN‘, CHANTECAILLE LE CAMOUFLAGE STYLO ANTI-FATIGUE CORRECTOR PEN in ‘1‘, CHANTECAILLE HD PERFECTING LOOSE POWDER in ‘CANDLELIGHT‘, CHANTECAILLE PHILANTHROPY CHEEK SHADE in ‘BLISS – BUTTERFLY‘, CHANTECAILLE MERMAID EYE MATTE EYESHADOW in ‘SYLVIE‘, CHANTECAILLE POLAR ICE EYESHADOW PALETTE, CHANTECAILLE FAUX CILS LONGEST LASH MASCARA, CHANTECAILLE LIP CHIC LIP COLOR in ‘WISTERIA‘.
7. ASHLEY GRAHAM – The lip colour is a nice shade but looks quite cracked on the lips. The smokey eye is also nice too. Her eyebrows are really nice and defined and her skin looks healthy and bronzed.
REVLON PHOTOREADY CANDID FOUNDATION in ‘MEDIUM BEIGE‘, REVLON PHOTOREADY INSTANT CHEEK MAKER in ‘MAKE ME BRONZE‘, REVLON COLORSTAY LOOKS BOOK EYESHADOW PALETTE in ‘ENIGMA 920‘, REVLON COLORSTAY EYELINER PENCIL in ‘BLACK 201‘, REVLON VOLUMAZING MASCARA, REVLON COLORSTAY BROW PENCIL in ‘SOFT BROWN‘ and ‘MEDIUM BROWN‘.
8. JLO – I think her lip liner could have been blended better with the lip gloss as you can see where her lips have been outlined. However I like the shade she has on her lips, it compliments the bronze smokey eye nicely. The eyebrows have slight definition to them but look a tad messy. Her skin always looks flawless and healthy, she has a nice touch of bronzer on her skin.
Well that concludes this blog post for today, again I had a lot of fun doing it so I really hope you enjoyed it too 🙂
Thanks for reading!