Hello babs! Apologies for not posting for quite some time but I’ve been very focused with Uni at the moment but what better way to come back then to share my thoughts and opinions on some of the makeup looks for the MET Gala 2019.
DISCLAIMER: I am in no way bashing or being negative out of spite.. I am just giving my opinions on what I like and think works well in a makeup look. I am in no way a makeup artist either so I don’t know the ins and outs of makeup… everyone has their opinions so although you may not agree with me, it’s just a little fun so please don’t feel offended 🙂
1. LADY GAGA – I think her skin looks lovely and bronzed which really helps compliment the bright pink lip she has going on. I love how bright it is as it adds a nice bold statement to the look as well as those gold lashes! Her eyes look incredible with the white on the waterline and the fact that her lower lash line has been brought lower down which helps open up her eyes. I really do like this look a lot!!!
MARC JACOBS YOUTHQUAKE HYDRA-FULL RETEXTURIZING GEL CREME, MARC JACOBS HIGHLINER MATTE GEL EYE CRAYON in ‘PINK OF ME’, MARC JACOBS HIGHLINER GEL EYE CRAYON in ‘BLACQUER’, MARC JACOBS ENAMORED HYDRATING LIP GLOSS STICK in ‘SWEET ESCAPE’.
2. LILY COLLINS – This look is giving me serious Lana Del Rey or Priscilla Presley vibes… I absolutely love the pastel purple eyeshadow she has going on with the black liner as it really draws attention to the eyes and the whole of the look! Her skin looks glowy and flawless to be honest, I love the bronzer/blush she has just on her cheeks. The nude glossy lip is good as it doesn’t take the attention away from her eyes. Her brows look so nice and full as well! Not sure why she has 3 beauty marks going on though…
LANCOME ADVANCED GENIFIQUE YOUTH ACTIVATING SERUM, LANCOME TEINT IDOLE ULTRA 24H FOUNDATION STICK in ‘140 IVOIRE N’, LANCOME LONG TIME NO SHINE LOOSE SETTING POWDER in ‘TRANSLUCENT’, LANCOME BLUSH SUBTIL OIL FREE POWDER BLUSH in ‘SHIMMER PINK FLING’, LANCOME TEINT IDOLE ULTRA 24H FOUNDATION STICK in ‘360 BISQUE N’, LANCOME COLOR DESIGN 5-PAN EYESHADOW PALETTE in ‘LAVENDER GRACE’, LANCOME GRANDIOSE LINER in ‘MATTE NOIR’, LANCOME MONSIEUR BIG MASCARA, LANCOME SOURCILS GEL in ‘NOIR’, LANCOME L’ABSOLU ROUGE HYDRATING SHAPING LIPSTICK in ‘NUIT ET JOUR’.
3. JENNIFER LOPEZ – As usual her skin looks healthy and glowy. She’s always a bronzed goddess too! I like the purple eyeshadow she has going on but I think the lashes are too big and dramatic for this look… The nude glossy lip she has is really nice as it doesn’t take away from the purple eyeshadow.
4. KENDALL JENNER – Now she looks absolutely flawless! Her skin looks so healthy, glowy and bronzed. Her brows look full but not too much which ties in well with the vibe of this look. I love the lashes she has for both her upper and lower lash line and I think the nude glossy lip really compliments her bronzed complexion!
5. LUCY BOYNTON – Lucy has the face structure of an angel but I always feel like she looks very washed out and I don’t think it helps with the colour scheme of her look, her hair is pastel, the accessories are pastel… I just think she could do with a bit of colour!! Her skin does look healthy and glowy! However, I love the diamantes she has going on on her eyes but her brows look a little too fluffy in my opinion… I’d have liked them to be a little more tamed. I like how you can see the slight touch of blush on her cheeks and it really ties in well with her nudey pink glossy lip.
CHANEL LES BEIGES WATER-FRESH TINT, CHANEL DUO BRONZE ET LUMIERE BRONZER & HIGHLIGHTER DUO in ‘CLAIR’, CHANEL OMBRE PREMIERE GLOSS TOP COAT EYESHADOW in ‘LUNAIRE’, CHANTECAILLE BRIGHTENING EYE KAJAL in ‘NUDE’, DECORTE REFILLABLE EYEBROW PENCIL in ‘BR302’, CHANEL LES BEIGES HEALTHY GLOW LIP BALM in ‘LIGHT’, CHANEL ROUGE COCO GLOSS MOISTURIZING GLOSSIMER in ‘FRAICHEUR’.
6. KRISTEN STEWART – Her skin looks healthy and glowy and the contour on her cheekbones really makes her face look sculptured! I like the subtle brown eyeshadow you can see ever so slightly. I’m not sure on why her brows are orange and white but it’s something different I guess… Doesn’t look like she has much going on with her lips either… I’m just not entirely sold on this look to be honest…
7. EMMA STONE – Emma is another one who looks washed out in majority of the makeup looks I’ve seen of hers… I don’t think it helps that she’s got such a bold red lip going on… The blush/contour on her cheeks does look nice but it slightly looks like too much on her pale skin tone. I like the pop of blue she has on her lower lash line as its a nice contrast with the white she has on her eye lid. I just feel she needs a bit more colour to her face…
SISLEY BLACK ROSE SKIN INFUSION CREAM, SISLEY PYHTO-TEINT ECLAT FLUID FOUNDATION in ‘VANILLA’, SISLEY BLUR EXPERT, SISLEY INSTANT ECLAT INSTANT GLOW PRIMER, SISLEY PHYTO-BLUSH TWIST in ‘PASSION’, SISLEY PHYTO-EYE TWIST ALL IN ONE EYESHADOW, PENCIL & EYELINER in ‘LAGOON’, SISLEY SO VOLUME VOLUMIZING FORTIFYING MASCARA in ‘DEEP BLUE’, SISLEY CONFORT EXTREME NUTRITIVE LIP BALM, SISLEY PHYTO-LIP TWIST in ‘LOVE’, SISLEY PHYTO-ROUGE LIPSTICK in ‘ROUGE CAPRI’.
8. DAKOTA JOHNSON – Her skin looks healthy and glowy! I love the pink winged out eyeshadow as it ties in lovely with the colour of her dress. She has a nice subtle blush and her lips look quite natural in colour. I feel like all of her makeup ties in well because her eyeshadow, blush and lip colour are all following the same theme.
SURRATT PERFECTIONNISTE CONCEALER PALETTE, SERGE LUTENS NECESSAIRE DE BEAUTE FARD A JOUES DUO, SHU UEMURA PRESSED EYESHADOW in ‘M ROSE’, GUCCI ROUGE A LEVRES VOILE LIPSTICK in ‘203 MILDRED ROSEWOOD’.
9. SOPHIE TURNER – Now her skin looks soooo healthy and glowy! I absolutely love the metallic blue eyeshadow she has going on and it makes such a statement to the look! The nude glossy lip she has paired with it is lovely and it doesn’t take away from the eyeshadow. The slight blush she has also ties in well with the nude glossy lip. Her brow shape is to die for! I really like this look!
10. MILEY CYRUS – UGH MILEY LOOKS SOOOOO PRETTY! Her skin looks healthy glowy and bronzed. I love the brown eyeshadow we can see going on in the crease and the subtle winged liner. Her eyebrows are nice and defined. The contour/blush is just right for her skin tone and gives some nice structure to her face. I love the pink lip she has going on. I just love everything about this makeup look!!!!!
11. KIM KARDASHIAN – Now being honest… I feel like we see this sort of makeup on Kim all of the time… She always looks flawless and bronzed. Her eyebrows have a nice shape to them and have good definition. The brown eyeshadow really helps her eyes to pop and I like the lashes she has put with the look. The nude brown lip is nice but I can slightly see where her lip liner is… I feel like it could have been blended in better… I’m not amazed by this look as it’s usual to see from her, however it is a pretty look.
Well that concludes this blog post for today, again I had a lot of fun doing it so I really hope you enjoyed it too 🙂
Thanks for reading!